2.02.2013

I need a little help

For being only 22 years old it feels like I have been through a lot. 10 years ago I never would have dreamed that this is where I would be in life. I never would have guessed that I would be pursuing an undergraduate degree in Environmental Studies or that I would have a goal to go into veterinary science emphasizing in wildlife rescue. I never thought that I would be married at such a young age; I always told myself that I would wait until I had finished grad school before I even considered getting married. And I never would have guessed how much I love where I am and what I am doing and that I would have such a great husband who supports everything I do and where I want to go. Tyler helps give me the strength and courage to follow my dreams. And with Tyler's support and encouragement I did something I never would have done on my own, I tried out and made the USU English Equestrian Team.
The decision to try out for the equestrian team was a spur of the moment kind of thing. Earlier within that week, I had convinced myself it was a bad idea because it had been three and a half years since the last time I had ridden. It almost seems though that my email requesting to tryout was sent without my conscious knowledge. I didn't realize I had sent it until I had sent it. It was weird, but I am so glad I sent that email. I am so excited for this opportunity to once again be doing what I love, to be a part of something I never thought I would be a part of.
Now, it is not only my hope, but my prayer that this blog post will find its way onto the computer screen of someone or anyone that could help me. Being a part of a university club sport is rather expensive. The cost to be a part of the equestrian team for one semester is $600. My husband and I are both full-time students, we also both have jobs on campus, and my husband also works another part-time job at Lowe's. We are blessed to have some grants and subsidized student loans to cover our tuition, books, and some of our housing payments. The little bit of money that comes in from our jobs goes to pay the obvious bills everyone pays monthly, as well as towards paying student loans from Tyler's first degree, paying medical bills from an emergency surgery Tyler had to have about a year ago when he had no insurance, and our food, which is primarily gluten-free because a little over a year ago I was diagnosed with Celiac disease. We are learning to be more money conscious, to be aware of where our money is going. We have not always done this in the past, and we are definitely now paying for that, but we are trying to improve and be better. With this awareness of our financial situation, I know that without help we cannot afford this. Our families have helped us a small amount, but I also know that their budgets are tight as well and I would not ask them for more than they can give. 
With the exception of my desire to be with Tyler for eternity, I have never wanted something so much. I feel at home on top of a horse, I feel joy being around these beautiful animals, and I am praying that there is someone out there who can help make this new dream of mine come true.
I am still very similar to who I was as a 12-year-old, but at the same time, so very different. It is wondrous to me to look back on my short life and see how I have ended up where I am now. To see how the Lord has guided me to the place I belong, and to see how the Lord has placed wonderful and marvelous blessings and opportunities in my path. I whole-heartedly believe that without the Lord I would not be where I am today. I know that the Lord can help make this dream come to pass, but I also know that there needs to be some work done on my part. I am a good student, I am working as hard as I can to do all that I can to succeed. I am going to institute, going to my church meetings, trying to see those that I can serve. I will continue to do what I can, and I know that somehow the Lord will provide a way.

If you or someone you know might be interested in helping me I can be contacted by email or phone.
Email: jessie.santa_maria@aggiemail.usu.edu
Phone: 8015920637
Any help given can be tax deductible if needed.






No comments:

Post a Comment