12.08.2012

The Gift of Grace

This is probably something I have needed to do for awhile, not for anyone except myself.
I have a testimony of my Lord, and Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He died for me, to save me, an extremely imperfect child. I have questioned my belief and knowledge of God several times, and I always come back to the answer that He is there for me. No matter what I am going through God and Jesus always listen and they always comfort through the power of the Holy Ghost. I know that no matter what each of you are going through, God will be there for you. He loves you in a way that no one here on earth can understand perfectly.
Without a Savior, there is no happy ending, but we have a Savior. Jesus Christ understands each of us very intimately. He feels our sorrows and our joys, and more than anything He wants each of us to return to Him. I am so grateful to have a relationship with Him. He is the older brother that I've always wanted. He is protective of me, He gives me advice when I need it, He listens when I need to vent, He is my friend when I feel I have no where else to turn.
Jesus Christ has paid the price 100%, because of that I can return to Him, we all can if that is what we choose. The work that we do is to come closer to Him. The closer we become with Christ the better we can understand how perfect and wonderful the gift of grace is. When we continuously repent and we have a godly sorrow for the sins we have committed, it is part of coming closer to Christ. We can only have the gift of grace if we accept it in a sincere way.
I think that perhaps one of the most wondrous things is that God promises us such great blessings, because God knows us better than we know ourselves those promises can be a reality. We still must do everything we can to be a Christlike people, and to be better tomorrow than we were today, but I believe that everyone who accepts Christ into their hearts can return to a Celestial place.

No comments:

Post a Comment