7.15.2011

Post-Potter Depression

There's nothing worse than being sick. Actually there is. It's being awake and sick at the ungodly hour of 3:05 am instead of watching HP7.5 with the rest of the world.
While I have been sitting here on my couch I have been reliving some of my favorite Harry Potter moments and memories. There is nothing more powerful than the memories and feelings I have simply from holding these books. The magic I experience is being able to have an imagination still as a newly made adult. I pick up these books now and can still feel the joy I had reading them. I can see where I was when I got each one. The first four were my gift from the Easter bunny about nine years ago. I locked myself away in my bedroom until I had read each of them. I remember reading them as a family out loud and going off to play witches with my sisters. I desperately hoped and prayed that on my eleventh birthday I would be receiving a letter from Hogwart's, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. To my dismay that day never came. Yet, J.K. Rowling still managed to make my childhood magical. I will forever be grateful to Ms. Rowling for her writing. I have always been the girl with her head in a book. I have always used books as a way to escape. This series was my other home for a long time, and while I know there are many out there that know more about the Harry Potter world than I ever could, I do know that these books changed my life. Just like with the final book there is a big part of me that doesn't want to watch this last movie because once I do I will have finally accepted that this is the end. I'm not sure I am ready for the end.

2 comments:

  1. Jessie! Sorry I don't have your e-mail address so I had to blog stalk you but nevertheless! Yes let's be friends. Next time you and your husband are in provo you should let me know and we'll go thrifting together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. Though I was well past my eleventh birthday when I first read the books, I too have so many memories that coincide with these books.

    I have avoided seeing the last film for the same reasons! I love ya, Jessie - we are so the same!

    ReplyDelete