5.18.2011

"God is a God of Miracles"

A few weeks ago I had heard that yet another adoption had fallen through for mine and the husband's good friends, Holly and Nate. I was broken hearted to hear this news, and angry for them because they deserve to be parents. 
Today that dream and desire came true for them. They are the proud parents of a little baby boy named Miles Elijah. My heart is filled with joy to know that they will get to raise a righteous child in this world.


I think of Holly quite often and have had a prayer for her in my heart for quite some time now, as I'm sure many others have as well. This quote pretty much sums Holly up, I couldn't say it better myself:
"[LDS] women are not incredible because they have managed to avoid the difficulties of life—quite the opposite. They are incredible because of the way they face the trials of life. Despite the challenges and tests life has to offer...they remain remarkably strong and immovable and true to the faith. Our sisters throughout the Church consistently “succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees." -Quinten L. Cook, April 2011, General Conference


Holly, 
Ty and I are so happy for you. I can't think of anyone who deserves this more than you and Nate. Congratulations to the three of you. Miles is one lucky kid to have you for a mom.
Love, Jessie



1 comment:

  1. You made me get teary. It's funny because there were many times I felt like I didn't handle our trial very well.
    It was good to see you - I'm glad Miles got to meet you two.

    ReplyDelete