4.01.2011

Out With the Old and In With the New


Out with the old and in with the new....this saying is usually associated with getting rid of those bad things in your life that you no longer need. It's a saying that goes with de-cluttering your life. It goes with wanting a change to occur, something that will make your life better. But lately, I've been associating this saying with changes that I really don't want or have realized that I didn't want. I'm not saying that change is bad, but sometimes it's disappointing. I'm really missing some of my high school friends. My new college friends are awesome, and I love them to death, but sometimes I wish I could see some of my old high school friends more often. So for the next few weeks I'm going to be dedicating some of my blog posts to an old friend and a new friend. Today I'm starting with Ameri and MaryAnn.

Ameri


She was probably my first best friend in high school. We pretty much did everything together when we were Freshman. As we got older and moved up in high school we started to drift apart. We had different interests and we started hanging out with different crowds. We never stopped being friends, but sometimes I really miss doing things with her. She once planned a birthday party for me, and put a picture of us on the cake, it was super awesome. She got me involved in band and percussion, which is now a big part of my life. She was always nice to me, no matter what and I look up to her. She will always be one of my best friends.


MaryAnn
My first best friend in college. We partied like none other. We laughed together, we cried together, and we got through some hard times together. Now I'm married and she's being super studious and we hardly ever see each other, but when we do hang out it's still a whole bunch of giggling and chocolate and talk of our future plans. I've blogged about MaryAnn in the past so if you want to read more about how amazing she is click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment