6.18.2010

I can't sleep, so blogging is the obvious answer.

I don't know if blogging at this hour is really a good idea....my mind is so hazy because I am sleepy and yet no sleep comes. Plus I have a summer cold one that is making me very miserable. Maybe I'll fall asleep while I'm blogging that would be nice, then I would never have to post this, but it has been a very long while since I last blogged. I think I've been in a rut lately - I'm not really sure what to blog about. I read my friends blogs and realize how awesome it is for them to be able to come up with things to blog about and I just feel like everyday is the same for me. I wake up, I help my mom clean the house, I figure out some more wedding stuff, I see if my mom needs anything, I nap, I watch way too much TV and then I go to bed again. Or I get a cold and then I just lay in bed all day-like today. I've enjoyed being sick today though. Memories of other illnesses and sick days have swirled in my head today and they have been in and out of my dreams to create a rather strange mind smoothie, I think.
I keep coming back to the chicken pox. I didn't particularly enjoy the chicken pox, seeing as I had them on Halloween in Kindergarten and wasn't allowed to go trick-or-treating. Which was probably smart on my parents part because I only would have been doubly sick from all the candy I could have gotten. And other parents probably would have blamed them for the spread of the chicken pox from grimy little 5-year-old me to other grimy children my age. My parents created the best Halloween wonderland in our tiny, little, downtown, ghetto, Provo house and let me knock on every door in that house and say trick-or-treat so that I wouldn't miss out on all the fun. I admit it would have been fun to show off my costume(that part I don't remember) to the neighborhood and other costumed children, but my parents deserve kudos for making an effort to keep their oldest wee one happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment