5.24.2010

When I Grow Up...

Do you ever feel like you finally have your life figured out enough to give you a moment of peace and then all of sudden, in a blink of an eye, you realize you still have no idea what you want to be when you grow up? Maybe it's just me, but this happens all the time in my life. I'm just barely a Junior at USU and I think I might have changed my major six times already. I love learning and honestly wish I could do everything. If there was a professional student major that's probably what I would go after. I want to be one of those people who helps save the world. Being at the stage in life where I do need to somewhat figure out what I want to be when I grow up, I have come to two conclusions:
1. I want to be a mother more than anything. And I want to be a cool one too. This realization has only occurred recently. I remember when I was younger and saying, "Ooh, I want to be a doctor and work in the ER." Or "Wouldn't being a forensic scientist be fun?" Or "I think I will go to law school." And when I played make believe I would pretend all of those things plus many others, but I never played house where I was the mom. Now I still pretend that I could go into all of those fields and I am working on Psychology as my major, but once I am done with all my schooling I want to be a good mom.
2. When I grow up I want to be just like my Father and Mother. I'm not referring to my earthly parents although they have several qualities I wish to develop as I get older. I'm referring to my Heavenly Parents. What a wonderful world we would live in if we all strived to be like our Heavenly Parents. Ultimately that's what I want for myself. They are able to love all of us beyond our comprehension, they have unlimited knowledge, they understand people and their circumstances,  they are patient and generous, and much, much more. I know they are watchful of me, they want what's best for me, and they are cheering for me to make the right decisions. Looking around myself everyday I see all the beautiful tender mercies I have been given and I just know that there is a higher power. As I travel to many different places and see with my own eyes what the world has to offer my testimony of a Father and Mother in Heaven grows. My testimony of Christ grows. There is no way the earth was created randomly through a bang, or whatever other theories there are, unless God wanted it that way. But I do know without a doubt that the earth was created by Jesus Christ with the help of our Heavenly Father. To everyone, whether you are a believer or not, we are lucky to live on this planet and to have so many beautiful places to visit and see. There is beauty and goodness in everything, but you'll only see it if you look and listen with your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment