5.11.2010

Mothers - 2 days late

I have had every intention of blogging almost everyday for the past little while, but I haven't been on top of it. Instead I've let everything possible get in the way of doing so. Who knows, maybe by posting this today someone will actually read it instead of just skimming over it.

I have had many amazing ladies affect my life. There are so many I couldn't possibly name them all here. But here are just a few that I would like to introduce you to.

Vallie-
I have respected this woman since I first met her over 14 years ago. She has always been interested in my life and my family's life. Always asking how we are, helping out when she can, smiling for everything. I have never seen her not smile and she always has a hug on hand for anyone who needs it. She is a huge example to me. I hope that one day I can be just as happy everyday as she is happy everyday.

Stacy-
I have a weakness and that is homesickness. Whenever I got homesick at girls camp I could go to Stacy and feel okay again. She's the mom of one of my best friends and I love her. She is also a very upbeat lady. Always knows what to say and how to make things better. Many years of girls camp would have been horrid with out her there.


Grandma Joan-
She does what she can to spoil me and the rest of her grandchildren. She's stubborn and strong and usually gets her way. I've always been impressed with her courage to stand up to people. She doesn't let anyone walk over her and she knows how to get the job done. She's great at telling stories and could talk for hours on end if we let her. She once took me to the movies because I was having a bad day. Now that is a true friend.


Shirley-
Loving and accepting, I don't know if there is anything else to say. She has an amazing capacity to love so many different people no matter their circumstances, plus she accepts them as well. Only a truly amazing woman does this sincerely, and Shirley is definitely one of those truly amazing women.


Sally Anne-
My mom. I love her so much. And although I'm not sure how many people see how courageous she is. I see it. She has a simple faith and does what she needs to spiritually. My siblings and I are all a little crazy but she has done a good job of loving us, caring for us, and raising us. She's funny, emotional, sensitive to the spirit, beautiful, and so many other things. That's what makes her such a great mom for me.


I can't wait until I get to be a mom, hopefully someday my kids will have great things to say about me.
My sister's Mother's Day post is excellent as well, you can read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment