5.31.2010

Here's to you, Sis.

Lya,
I know we haven't always been the best of friends, most of the time it seems like we are the worst of enemies. We either stick together like paper and glue or we fight so hard it makes world war 3 terrified to even start. I know I'm just your big sis, and I shouldn't worry so much, but I do-it comes with being the oldest. I'm scared to see you leave the nest. I was scared for myself, but I was staying slightly closer to home than you are. However I know you'll kick some major butt out in the real world. My advice to you-don't forget who you are, seriously. From personal experience I can say that it is so easy to get caught up in what's going on around you that somewhere in the scheme of things the religion and spirituality get lost. You have so much to offer this world, all of us in the fam are going to end up doing something big, I just know it. Don't you ever settle. Keep going until you have climbed all the mountains you want to climb. Follow your dreams to the ends of the earth. Never give up. Laugh until you cry. Dance until your sides hurt. Live without missing a single moment. You are a beautiful daughter of God, and because of that YOU can do anything. Keep Him before anything else in your life and you will succeed, I promise. Do all of those Sunday School "cookie cutter" answers, especially use the prayer cookie cutter, everyday as often as you can and you will be happy.
When we were kids I never thought we would grow up so fast. I'll never forget all those times we played school in the summer because we were so sad school was out, and our bike rides in the canyon to Nunn's Park, or the times we wanted to go sledding so bad that we would just sled down our minuscule hill in the front yard. I'll also never forget the time you stuck that nail file in the plug socket and the way you shot across the room. I'll always remember our family vacations to Mexico and the times we spent catching turtles and putting them in the fountain because we thought they would really enjoy that. And how the parentals always bought us Fanta in glass bottles and then we would drink them in the hotel lobby sitting next to Abuelita or Tia Virgin. We had some pretty excellent times in Mexico. Do you remember the time there was a microburst and we got so scared that we put all of our stuffed animals and pillows and blankets into Grandma's bathtub and stayed there safe? Or all the times we would do head stands and hand stands propped up against the wall? We thought we were so cool. Probably one of my most favorite memories is our Lion King themed dance we put on for our neighbors, haha. It seemed like the whole neighborhood turned up for that one. I could go on forever talking about all the crazy things we did as children, or the late nights talking about boys, or all the chickflicks we would watch when we just wanted to be haters.
Where ever you go in life don't forget me...or the rest of the fam. We are here for you. We love you and we want to see you succeed. One day we'll be able to say, "Hey, that's my daughter." or "That's my sister." We're proud of you. I'm proud of you and I hope we'll become better friends as we start growing up more.
Congratulations on Graduating!

1 comment: