5.17.2010

"Because I Knew You"

How can so many of my friends like him? He's so rugged and rebellious. And here I am trying so hard to get him to come to seminary...against my will I might add. I would hate to disappoint my seminary teacher when he puts so much trust in me getting this guy to come to class. It's not a walk in the park. I don't blame him for not wanting to come, early morning seminary is a harsh time to have class. I guess I should talk to him....maybe later.
I didn't necessarily want a high school relationship. I never expected it to last as long as it did, but I guess that's what happens when you fall in love. I remember the first time we kissed-I was happy, but at the same time I knew my friends would be furious especially since they all had liked him for a lot longer than I had. 
It was a good relationship the majority of the time. We had our ups and downs just like any relationship. He was my best friend more than anything. With out him I wouldn't be entirely the person I am today. At times I miss him a lot, mostly the close friendship we had. We had some good times. 
"I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...
It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a hand print on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...
And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done you blame me for
But then, I guess we know
There's blame to share
And none of it seems to matter anymore..."

TDV- "Because I knew you, I have been changed for good." Thank you for the good times and being my high school sweetheart. Siempre habrá una parte especial de mi corazón para tu. Que Dios siempre le bendiga.

 

2 comments:

  1. Let the record show that I was not furious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was way cute. I don't remember being mad either. Maybe jealous, but not mad and I was probably dating someone at the time anyway so I shouldn't have been. lol.

    ReplyDelete