3.25.2010

Sometimes I do Impossible Things As a College Student

1. Waking up early to go to Water Aerobics.
Now, this may not sound impossible, but let me remind you that I am a college student. One who stays up late studying, reading, or just talking to my room mate. And let me also remind you that I live in Logan, where it is almost always freezing cold in the mornings. To roll out of bed and trek across campus to go to a early morning water aerobics class is near impossible for most college students. And yet I do it twice a week. :) This morning was especially cold because of the wind coming down through the canyon. But I love walking on campus early in the morning. It is so beautiful. Most students have yet to wake up to go to class. It's peaceful and calm. I could hear the bird chirping and see the sun rising. I could feel the wind blow coolly in my face. I could smell spring in the air. I had God all around me.

2. Read a chapter from the scriptures.
Most days I read before I go to bed, but today I figured I had enough time to go ahead and read a chapter before doing much of anything else today. I liked it a lot, and hopefully I can keep it at the front of my mind as I go through the rest of my day.  The chapter I read today is one of my favorites. 2 Nephi 3. It's a beautiful chapter where Lehi speaks to his son Joseph and tells him of Joseph in Egypt and Joseph Smith. It's a real testimony builder reading verses 14 & 15: "And thus prophesied Joseph, saying: Behold, that seer will the Lord bless; and they that seek to destroy him shall be confounded; for this promise, which I have obtained of the Lord, of the fruit of my loins, shall be fulfilled. Behold, I am sure of the fulfilling of this promise; (15)And his name shall be called after me; and it shall be after the name of his father. And he shall be like unto me; for the thing, which the Lord shall bring forth by his hand, by the power of the Lord shall bring my people unto salvation." How amazing would it be to read a prophesy that was made about yourself? This is beautiful scripture.

3. Make a delicious breakfast to eat!
Today I actually made a good breakfast before 10! That never happens. Usually on MWF I don't eat breakfast until after my 9:30 class. And usually on TTH I don't eat until I wake up from after I went back to sleep after water aerobics. But today I made an omelet and a strawberry banana smoothie. MMMM, it was so good! I loved it! Now I will probably take a nap. :)

P.S. My title idea was from Alice and Wonderland(Which I have seen twice already. That's impressive for me considering I am a poor college student). I love Tim Burton soooooo much! And Danny Elfman too! I am their biggest fan. Yay! My top favorite movies are all Tim Burton, and Danny Elfman composed the music in each of them. Danny Elfman is a musical genius. And Tim Burton makes me feel like the things I sometime imagine are okay to imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment