-Christmas was especially good this year. The husband and I were able to do extra for others. In particular my sister-in-law, Michelle, and her family. Michelle is a very simple girl and she would much rather be doing something for somebody else than letting people help her. She is so sweet and I love her very much. This Christmas we got her some really awesome jeans (including skinny jeans!!!) We also bought her some really adorable brown boots. I also helped pick out some other clothes for her. I loved watching her open gifts on Christmas morning, that was quite possibly the best gift of all.
-If any of you follow my other blogs I apologize for not having posted pictures of my awesome Christmas decorations in the apartment, I promise when I go back to Logan I will put those pics up ASAP.
-A year ago today the husband asked my dad permission to marry me. New Year's Day will be a year since we got engaged. :) I told him he should replicate the day for me.
-I have decided that Mario Kart Wii is quite possibly one of the greatest video games ever. The husband and I got it for my family for Christmas and it has been so fun playing with my siblings.
-I've also been thinking of New Year's resolutions since that time of year is coming up. Maybe being more consistent in my blogging will be one of my goals. We'll see.
Until next time...Thanks for stopping by.
P.S. Happy Anniversary Tom and Michelle :)
Ty carved the albino pumpkin with the wolf in it, he was rather proud of himself. I started to carve the orange pumpkin with the skulls, but gave up because I thought it was too hard, so Ty finished it for me. I did make all the spiders and put the webs up around the apartment. It was a lot of fun having people over and hearing their compliments on our work. :)
- I've recently come to the conclusion of how much I really am a social butterfly. Although, the more I think about the term "social butterfly" I wonder if that is the right description for me. Sometimes I feel like maybe I'm more of a social outcast bee. Now before you hurt your brain trying to figure out what I mean, let me explain. I love butterflies, I think they are very beautiful creatures. However, being a social outcast bee better describes how I feel about life right now. I have a lot of friends, regardless of how I feel about people and the fact that generally I don't like them. I am friends with so many different people that there are a lot of people that don't get along with each other so I have to be careful with who I invite around at certain times. I also don't really feel the same with some of my best friends from a couple years ago, that's what makes me feel like an outcast. Now that the husband is around I feel like I'm not really treated the same. I don't get invited to hang out unless it is convenient for whatever person to have me around. For example, bees are social insects, they work and do everything together. But right now in my life I am only invited around when I am needed. Some things I'm needed for include but are not limited to advice, help with homework, or no one else was around to hang out with. Luckily, I do have the husband to keep me company when I am feeling lonely.
- Walking around campus everyday for my classes is quite amusing actually. I've always been a people watcher and there are some pretty great people to watch for on campus. Sometimes I am tempted to walk up to people and say, "did you look in the mirror this morning?" I know that is so terrible, but it's true. Sometimes I just don't understand why people wear what they wear. And if you have good hearing like I do you can hear some pretty interesting things people say. Just yesterday I was walking behind a girl on the phone with who knows who and she said, "Yep, it's a purple penis." What does that even mean? Why would you say something like that? I was shocked, but I was still able to laugh at it because of how ridiculous it sounded.
- For those of you who don't know, I'm half Mexican. Part of being half Mexican means that I have a unibrow. It's not my favorite thing in the world for obvious reasons, so I have been plucking it for almost as long as I can remember. My dad is the one from Mexico and he always asks why my sisters and I pluck our eyebrows because he thinks we should wear our unibrow proudly as part of our heritage or something like that. I love my dad, and I love being half Mexican but not enough to stop plucking. Now as it gets colder it grows back faster....I swear I have been plucking everyday for the past week to rid myself of it. Which has made me create a new goal for myself, someday I will get laser hair removal on it. I can't wait.
- So, I guess this is my post for complaining because I have another thing I'm going to tell you that has really been bothering me. For my Behavior Analysis class right now we are in partnerships to do a behavior recording project. The girl that I have been paired with has so far bailed on every meeting we have set up and comes up with excuses about why she can't meet with me. I really want to get a good grade on this assignment and yet she just doesn't not seem interested in helping at all. On Friday I'm speaking to my professor, I'd rather do the assignment by myself and just let her get a bad grade then try to cover her lazy butt. Thankfully, for the next project I won't have to work with her.
- I have decided that I really like sitting in the library, it's very soothing, more so than I thought it would be. Also listening to music while I'm in the library has calmed me down quite a bit and has helped me focus enough to actually blog. Soon I will have to start my homework though.
- Today I talked to my Momma on the phone. She gave me very good advice. She says she isn't sure where she heard it, but she thought I could benefit from it. "Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." I love my Momma she always knows what to say to help me feel better about life. She truly is a super woman, even if she always disagrees with me when I tell her so.
- The husband is still looking for a job and is feeling awfully discouraged, so if you believe in praying, please do so for him. I keep trying to encourage him, but there is only so much I can do.
- Thanks to NieNie, my new favorite singer is Mindy Gledhill. Her songs make life so much happier, especially from her latest album.
- To end on a happy note, I would like to share with you was my sacrament meeting experience from Sunday. The husband and I went to Provo this weekend to spend some time with my parents and his parents. We decided to attend his parents ward for sacrament meeting. The primary in the ward was putting on a primary program, which is basically the children under 12 singing and speaking and bearing testimony of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. When I was younger I used to feel the Spirit so easily. I've noticed that as the older I have gotten the harder it is for me to focus enough to feel the Spirit, especially since I'm more concerned with keeping my anxiety under control with how many people are actually at church. As the children were singing and speaking and reading scriptures, I felt the Spirit. The longer the program went on the more I felt the Spirit grow stronger and stronger. I get so caught up with life that I forget how simple truth really is. These kids on Sunday get it and they helped me remember it. Life is good and our Heavenly Father and our Brother Jesus Christ are watching over us, they want to help us and I am so grateful for that knowledge and I am grateful to be humbled by the young children of my church who are still so close to Him that gave us life. They know more than I think a lot of us give them credit for. I look forward to the next primary program I get to watch.
-My last post was posted because I was informed that I wasn't being placed on USU's drumline-which was a rough thing for me to comprehend especially since the only thing I've ever done for marching band is drumline/percussion. Instead I was to be playing saxophone, which has turned out wonderfully. At the beginning I was upset and confused about it, but now I am happy and really enjoying it.
-Because of this change in plans for marching band I have made so many more friends than I would have if I had stayed on the drumline, I think. And I really love having good friends.
-I have learned a lot about myself during the past few weeks. I have realized that I am a lot braver now than I have ever been in the past. I also learned that picking up the saxophone has come a lot easier than I expected it to.
-I am loving my new major. I have finally settled on Psychology as my major and I have never been happier. My classes are awesome, my professors are awesome, and I am so willing to work my butt off to do well as a Psych major.
-My ring that the husband picked out has lost one of its diamonds :( but it is being fixed and soon I will have it back with everything in tact.
-The husband and I have been facing a lot of hardships with school and job hunting, but with it we have been blessed immensely. I am so grateful that we are able to see the Lord's hands in our lives regardless of our trials currently.
-Because of the wonderful financial aid I have been given for this school year, the husband and I are able to pay for my tuition and books, a new computer for myself (which came with an ipod touch), our housing, and still have some for food to survive.
-Pretty sure the husband loves the ipod touch more than me (just kidding).
-My new favorite singer right now is Mindy Gledhill, and her new music video Anchor is possibly one of the greatest of all time. Hope you enjoy! And have a fabulous Labor Day!
So, getting back to a normal life that includes blogging has been more difficult then I expected. I really am trying though, more for myself than for readers, but I hope that there are some readers that enjoy reading some of what I have to say. I actually have quite a lot on my mind today.
-I've been feeling slightly homesick. I know that home right now is with my husband, Tyler, but there are just those times when I miss my momma. So I am homesick for my momma.
-Being upset gives me a headache. I've been trying to keep my mind on positive things, but it seems that although things have been going rather well this summer it is my time for some trials. I know that after everything that is going on right now I will be stronger and a better person, I just can't help but want things to go my way this time. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for the things that have gone well this summer, don't get me wrong.
-My music video for today is actually one by Hannah Montana, you may think it's ridiculous, but this is how I feel today.
Now, for what is on my mind today.
-It's really hard for me to forgive others and even myself sometimes. But why should I hold onto anger and hurt? It does me absolutely no good to do so. Most of the time when I let these negative feelings fester the only person I am hurting is myself, and yet I still find it in myself to hold grudges and to find offense when none was meant in the first place. I need to find it in myself to get over the wrongs that have been done to me and just forgive. The love that is felt when I have truly forgiven someone is hard to describe, but it is a very beautiful thing.
-Road trips are fun, but exhausting. Planning for a fun busy time was good, but it's nice to be home and just relax. I could probably sleep straight for a couple of days if I really tried to.
-My husband, Tyler sang in our sacrament meeting today. He sang Lead, Kindly Light. This version I've posted is sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It is a beautiful hymn and I've made it my song of the day. Hope you enjoy your Sunday wherever you may be!
-I recently watched Avatar and was actually quite impressed with it. I wasn't really sure I wanted to see it after some of the things that have been said about that movie, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. It reminded me that history very often repeats itself. The sun always will set on a good day, no matter how hard we try to keep it around.
-My mom is a super woman! I am so impressed with her courage and determination, especially during this recent pregnancy and now with Jonathan being here. She is so amazing and she is a great mom! She has been up and moving practically after one week of resting and this has been her 8th child and 5th c-section. Someday I hope to be as tough as my mom.
-I need to finish reading all of the books I have started.
-I love to nap while holding a napping Jonathan. Some of the best rest I have gotten the past couple of weeks has been while holding my baby brother.
-Yesterday in church one of the speakers spoke about repentance and now I have a very different perspective on my life. I used to think of repentance only being necessary for the really big things, but now I also see how I can apply it to helping make myself a better person every day by improving on my weaknesses.
Tyler has been such a good sport through all of this. He helps as much as possible and he does a good job of it. I am so blessed to have him be my future husband. He is such an amazing guy! If you don't know him, you should get to know him because he will make your life better somehow.
I love him forever and always.